The coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak has brought about changes in the everyday life of all citizens across the globe. People have had to stay home and avoiding travel, either by choice or as necessitated by governments as a measure towards controlling the rapid transmission of (Covid-19). Consequently, the aviation and tourism sectors have unavoidably been greatly impacted.
The month of July 2020 witnessed a number of economies gradually reopening for business while still observing all the World Health Organisation recommendations. Without a doubt, the coronavirus pandemic has caused drastic changes to tourism, however, people remain prepared and determined to travel all be it with caution.
In light of this development, an online seminar (webinar) on “TANZANIA TOURISM – COPING WITH COVID -19” is proposed. The aim is to bring relevant and participatory information to Tour Operators in Tanzania and the Nordic and Baltic Countries for welcoming travelers and tourists back to Tanzania. The webinar will focus on the following areas;
- The current situation in Tanzania and Travel advisory
- The Nordic and Baltic view on Travel after COVID -19
- Standard and operating procedures for Covid-19 in the Tourism and other industries.
- Airline rules, experiences and recommendations of travelers/ tour operators post-re-opening
- Challenges and Opportunities in Tourism
The webinar is scheduled to be held on 15th September 2020 between 1400hours and 16:00hrs.
WEBINAR ON: ”TANZANIA TOURISM – COPING WITH COVID -19” 15th September 2020
PROGRAMME AND SPEAKERS