Tanzania launches Electronic visa and residence permit services
Foreigners can now apply for an Online Visa and Permits for their visit or longer stay in visit the United Republic of Tanzania (both Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar). Currently, visitors who can make electronic applications are only those entering Tanzania through the following 5 Entry Points;
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA) Dar es Salaam,
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA), Arusha;
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport;
- Namanga Border from Kenya and
- Tunduma from Zambia.
Please visit the Immigration website in order to make online visa and permit application and payment. Applicants may as well be required to visit the nearest Tanzanian Embassies or Consular Offices for interviews. Please consider the following;
- Types of Visa
- Required documents
- Countries whose citizens do not require visa on entry
- Countries whose citizens require approval by the Tanzania Commissioner General of Immigration.
Visa Applications at the Embassy of Tanzania, Stockholm:
Foreigners who wish to submit their applications at the Embassy are still welcome until all entry points are able to process electronic visa or permit applications. Processing of Visa Applications at the Embassy of Tanzania in Stockholm is from: 09.30 to 15.00hrs.
- The Embassy can only issue a single entry visa.
- Referral visa is issued by Embassy after an Authorisation is given from the Immigration Headquarters in Tanzania.
- Double and Multiple Entry visas are no longer issued by the Embassy. Applicants for these types of visa must apply directly to the Immigration Headquarters with the help of their hosts in Tanzania.